Labour Market Information (LMI) Tools
- Our Curriculum
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
- Labour Market Information (LMI) Tools
Labour Market Information is vital in providing young people and their parents with information about career routes and salaries.
It helps young people explore key aspects about a particular area, including:
- The sectors, industries and businesses that operate there
- The jobs that exist
- The number and type of job vacancies
- The sectors and industries that are predicted to grow in the coming years.
- Travel to work patterns
- The kinds of skills that are/will be needed by industries and businesses.
- Pay and progression patterns
Young people thinking about future careers want to understand:
- The competition they will face – “How easy is it to get into?”
- Entry and progression routes - “How do I get into it?”
- The rewards available – “What’s the pay like?”
- The availability of jobs in their ‘travel to work area’ – “Can I travel to this work easily?”
- Recruitment and selection and the prospects of securing employment in a particular job – “Could I get into this type of work?”
- The value of particular qualifications, experience or training – “Do employers accept this qualification?”