Emergency Closure Procedure
In the rare event of severe weather or other emergency, it may be necessary to close the school.
These decisions are not made lightly and we are very aware of the difficulties this causes for our families, and of the disruption to our students’ education.
Decisions are made on the basis of student safety – both from the perspective of physical site safety and on the basis of sufficient staff being able to reach school to ensure safe supervision of our students. We may, at our discretion, decide to close the school to some year groups and keep it open for others.
We will do everything in our power to make and publish our decision by 7am on the day in question, however, it must be appreciated that some situations may not give us enough notice to do so!
We will take the following actions to publicise our decision as follows:
- We will update this school website
- We will use SchoolComms to advise parents/carers
- We will update our main school answerphone message
- We will send a Tweet via the Heads Twitter account Mr Miller@stpeters_head
- Local radio stations will be advised e.g. Eagle Radio
Please DO NOT telephone school reception as this blocks our telephone lines that are needed for urgent outgoing calls.
Thank you for your help in this matter.