With over 1200 students coming to St Peter’s every day, transport is a key issue.
Stagecoach service the school directly on a daily basis, with other local public transport being easily accessible. For more information on all the four routes, timetables and fares, application forms, please visit the Stagecoach website here.
- Free Wi-Fi on the bus
- Live bus tracking
- Collection and drop off from standard bus stops
- All buses are independently safety-checked and drivers all have Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
To contact Stagecoach, please the dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cycling to School
There are many students who cycle to school and there are plenty of bike sheds on-site to store them safely during the day. In order to keep students safe, please ensure your child adheres to our school rules:
- All cyclists must wear a helmet to and from school.
- If students arrive at the gate without a helmet, the bike will be confiscated for the day and parents called to collect their child at the end of the school day.
- All cyclists must dismount at the gate.
- All cyclists must lock their bike.
Surrey County Council
Surrey County Council (SCC) provides free home to school transport for children in Surrey who meet their eligibility criteria. The most common criteria is if a student lives over three miles from St Peter’s and we are the closest qualifying secondary school or if a student is in receipt of Free School Meals. SCC assess all new Year 7 students and should contact you by the 1st July if you are eligible.
For other children, SCC may be able to offer alternative help, for example concessionary seats. For students aged 16+ they offer discounted bus and rail travel tickets.
Please refer to the latest guidance from SCC here.
The school must always refer you to SCC if you have any queries about free home to school transport. Their number is 0300 200 1004.