We are delighted to welcome you to the Governors’ section of St Peter’s website.
The Governors are drawn from the local community and freely give their time and expertise in order to support the work of the school. There are several different categories of Governor:
- Foundation Governors are appointed by the Diocese;
- Parent Governors are appointed by self-nomination and parent vote where necessary;
- Staff Governors are appointed by self-nomination and staff vote where necessary;
- Co-opted Governors are appointed by the Governing Board.
We are blessed to have a committed and multi-talented Governing Board with a wide variety of experience and expertise.
The Governors act as ‘critical friends’ to the school working closely with the Headteacher and play a strategic role in the running of the school. This includes maintaining the ethos of St Peter’s as a Catholic school under the direction of the Bishop, setting aims and objectives, adopting policies and setting targets.
There are four main committees who meet throughout the year:
- Local Governing Committee
- Finances and Resources Committee
- Staffing Committee
- Curriculum, Community and Spiritual Life Committee
Please click here for the committee meeting dates.
At these meetings, Governors are expected to ask relevant and challenging questions thus ensuring the school leadership is effective and accountable. Governors are also a visible presence in the school sitting on interview panels for senior members of staff and attending school events supporting staff and students in their achievements and successes.
If you wish to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter marked for our attention to the school.
With our very best wishes
Mr Peter Downie
Chair of Governors