Business - BTEC Diploma
Mrs C Thomas
Head of Department & BTEC Quality Nominee
WHY STUDY BTEC BUSINESS?
Many students find it difficult to say at 16 where they want to spend their working life. A BTEC opens up avenues such as university whilst also being relevant to a profession.
FUTURE ACADEMIC AND CAREER PATHWAYS
This qualification equips you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to help you begin or progress in a wide variety of business careers. The BTEC Diploma can also open up further areas of study to you.
Students will be studying the Edexcel syllabus.
The two year course is designed to be adaptable to your needs, abilities and career aspirations: it consists of four compulsory core units plus a choice of eight specialist units.
BTEC Course Options:
• Extended Certificate: equivalent to 1 A Level (4 units) including a compulsory examination
• Diploma: equivalent to 2 A Levels (8 units)
Combination of internal and external assessments.
Unit 1: Exploring Business (internally assessed)
Unit 2: Developing a Marketing Campaign (controlled assessment)
Unit 3: Personal and Business Finance (external exam)
Unit 8: Recruitment and Selection Process (internally assessed)
Unit 4: Managing an Event (internally assessed)
Unit 14: Investigating Customer Service (internally assessed)
Unit 6: Principles of Management (external exam)
Unit 19: Pitching for a new Business (internally assessed)
• Students are encouraged to join the International Young Enterprise Company Programme Scheme Awards for visual merchandising, creative product promotion, team building and starting a small business
• tutor2u exam preparation off-site courses
• Students are invited to participate in an educational trip to New York in Year 12
Minimum of five or more GCSEs at grade 5 or above.
DEPARTMENT PROMOTIONAL FILM